News & Information
- Giacomo Steccaglia Appointed as VP of DanceSport for USA Dance
- The GC has now voted and ratified Giacomo Steccaglia as VP of DanceSport for USA Dance.…more »
- USA DANCE 2016 NATIONAL ELECTION RESULTS
- OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: USA DANCE 2016 NATIONAL ELECTION RESULTS…more »
- 2016 Official Results and Vote Count
- USA Dance 2016 National Election Results Official Results and Vote Count -- Finalized Nov. 28, 2016…more »
- USA Dance Announces An Exciting Opportunity For Our Members
- This new program provides additional value for your USA Dance membership.…more »
- USA Dance and DSI London launch official partnership
- USA Dance, Inc. proudly announces a major benefit program for all interested USA Dance members and affiliates.…more »
- 2017 National DanceSport Championships
- Mar 31 - Apr 2, 2017 — USA Dance National DanceSport Championships to be held in Baltimore MD…more »
- WDSF Syllabus Workshops & Certification Exams
- Mar 30 - Apr 2, 2017 — To be held at USA Dance National DanceSport Championship in Baltimore MD…more »
- Black Tie In the Tropics
- Apr 29, 2017 — A special event hosted by Berkshire MA USA Dance Chapter # 3045 in Pittsfield MA.…more »
News from the Social Dance division of USA Dance! We will post news and annoucements here that are "social dance" oriented. If you would like to submit an article for posting please contact us!
Would You Like to Dance?
There's no space for wallflowers when a lively merengue or salsa is reverberating on the dance floor. Dancing is filled with exercise and surprises. It involves athleticism and grace. You will increase your skills and learn how to be graceful on the dance floor.
WHY DANCE? Dancing is a great teacher.
- it teaches teamwork;
- it teaches discipline through practice and routines;
- it teaches understanding of music's rhythm and tempo;
- it teaches coordinated movement;
- it teaches poise, balance, and self-confidence;
- it teaches good dress and manners;
- it teaches a skill and ability that will be very useful throughout life.
To find a local USA Dance Chapter
Just look in the left hand corner for the menu. Where is says, “Chapters & Regions”, click on that and then look for “Find a Local Chapter”. Pick the state and city or city closest to your destination. It will direct you to either a website or a local chapter contact.There are also special events listed on the social dance calendar page of our website - check back often.
Membership Pins, Decals, 3 or 7"Iron On Embroidered Patch, Shoe Bag, Shoulder Bag, Jacket, Fans, License Plate Frame, Chapter Banners
Great way to identify your chapter events - an affordable 6' x 2.5' vinyl banner that can be personalized with your chapters name, number and logo - excellent for dances, public demos and other events.
Visit our on line store to see all of the items available. For more information, email Jean Krupa, Vice President Social Dance at email@example.com or contact central office for an order form at 800-447-9047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Your Calendar!
There will be several mini-conferences held around the country. Watch for details.on the social dance events calendar.
Hand in Hand - Together We Can!
Topics to be covered at the conference include: Grooming your next President, Motivating, Recruiting and Retaining Volunteers, Dancing Classrooms, Websites, Budgets, Finances and Treasurer reports, Marketing and PR and more to provide guidance to have an even more effective chapter.
The conference provides many pportunities to network, mingle and share ideas and learn from other chapter Presidents and members in attendance. Chapters! Invest in your President and Board Members by sending them to the National chapter conference. Watch for details to follow.
National Ballroom Dance Week In September Every Year
A great opportunity for all who love ballroom dancing to share that fun with your community. Chapters, studios, instructors, and independent dance clubs work together to schedule special lessons, workshops, public demonstrations and social dances to raise awareness about the physical, mental and social benefits of ballroom. Be part of the action. Visit the National Ballroom Dance Week page on our website under Social Dance for details on how you can get involved.
Articles appealing to the social dancer.…more »