News & Information
- USA Dance Announces An Exciting Opportunity For Our Members
- This new program provides additional value for your USA Dance membership.…more »
- Announcing Our New NBDW logo
- USA Dance has a new logo for National Ballroom Dance Week.…more »
- IN RESPONSE TO NDCA VOTE REGARDING COMPETITION RULES, AFFECTING NDCA-REGISTERED ADJUDICATORS, OFFICIALS
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM USA DANCE: IN RESPONSE TO NDCA VOTE REGARDING COMPETITION RULES, AFFECTING NDCA-REGISTERED ADJUDICATORS, OFFICIALS…more »
- USA DANCE ANNOUNCEMENT Regarding WDSF Competition Rules Correction of Website Statement 6-24-14
- USA DANCE ANNOUNCEMENT Regarding WDSF Competition Rules Correction of Website Statement 6-24-14…more »
- USA DANCE ANNOUNCES NEW DIRECTORS
- USA Dance is pleased to announce the following new Governing Council Directors…more »
- 2015 National DanceSport Championships
- Mar 27 - 29, 2015 — 2015 USA Dance National DanceSport Championships to be held in Baltimore MD…more »
- USA Dance National Dance Cruise
- Jan 25 - Feb 1, 2015 — Join us for a fabulous Caribbean Cruise - departing from Ft Lauderdale FL - Dance! Dance! Dance!…more »
- 2015 National Chapter Conference
- Feb 26 - Mar 1, 2015 — Conference for USA Dance Chapter Officers has been canceled due to scheduling conflicts. Mini Chapter Conferences will be held - click for more information…more »
News from the Social Dance division of USA Dance! We will post news and annoucements here that are "social dance" oriented. If you would like to submit an article for posting please contact us!
Would You Like to Dance?
There's no space for wallflowers when a lively merengue or salsa is reverberating on the dance floor. Ballroom dancing is filled with exercise and surprises. It involves athleticism and grace. You will increase your skills and learn how to be graceful on the dance floor.
WHY DANCE? Ballroom dancing is a great teacher.
- it teaches teamwork;
- it teaches discipline through practice and routines;
- it teaches understanding of music's rhythm and tempo;
- it teaches coordinated movement;
- it teaches poise, balance, and self-confidence;
- it teaches good dress and manners;
- it teaches a skill and ability that will be very useful throughout life.
To find a local USA Dance Chapter
Just look in the left hand corner for the menu. Where is says, “Chapters & Regions”, click on that and then look for “Find a Local Chapter”. Pick the state and city or city closest to your destination. It will direct you to either a website or a local chapter contact.There are also special events listed on the social dance calendar page of our website - check back often.
Membership Pins, Decals, 3 or 7"Iron On Embroidered Patch, Shoe Bag, Shoulder Bag, Jacket, Fans, License Plate Frame, Chapter Banners
Great way to identify your chapter events - an affordable 6' x 2.5' vinyl banner that can be personalized with your chapters name, number and logo - excellent for dances, public demos and other events.
Visit our on line store to see all of the items available. For more information, email Jean Krupa, Vice President Social Dance at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact central office for an order form at 800-447-9047 or email email@example.com
The National Chapter Conference March 2013 in Richmond VA was a great success. Many thanks to all those who devoted so much time to creating and presenting those informative seminars and to all the chapter representatives who attended.
Mark Your Calendar!
National Chapter Conference
March 6 - 9, 2014 - Orange County CA
February 26 - March 1, 2015 - Houston TX
March 3 - 6, 2016, Charlotte NC
Hand in Hand - Together We Can!
Topics to be covered at the conference include: Grooming your next President, Motivating, Recruiting and Retaining Volunteers, Dancing Classrooms, Websites, Budgets, Finances and Treasurer reports, Marketing and PR and more to provide guidance to have an even more effective chapter.
The conference provides many pportunities to network, mingle and share ideas and learn from other chapter Presidents and members in attendance. Chapters! Invest in your President and Board Members by sending them to the National chapter conference. Watch for details to follow.
National Ballroom Dance Week In September Every Year
A great opportunity for all who love ballroom dancing to share that fun with your community. Chapters, studios, instructors, and independent dance clubs work together to schedule special lessons, workshops, public demonstrations and social dances to raise awareness about the physical, mental and social benefits of ballroom. Be part of the action. Visit the National Ballroom Dance Week page on our website under Social Dance for details on how you can get involved.
Until the next update – I hope you dance
Jean Krupa Vice President - Social Dance
Articles appealing to the social dancer.…more »