News & Information
- Resignation of Peter Pover as President effective 7-31-2016
- Peter Pover, President of USA Dance, at age 84 has announced he will be resigning this position effective July 31, 2016 due to health issues.…more »
- Daphna Locker has been appointed to the position of National Secretary
- Daphna Locker, President of the Greater New York Chapter, an accomplished DanceSport athlete and former National Secretary of USA Dance, has been appointed to the position of National Secretary to serve for remainder of the 2016 term.…more »
- NOTICE OF UPCOMING ELECTION TO BE HELD IN 2016
- Nominations for all positions will be accepted through Thursday, June 30, 2016.…more »
- USA Dance Announces An Exciting Opportunity For Our Members
- This new program provides additional value for your USA Dance membership.…more »
- USA Dance and DSI London launch official partnership
- USA Dance, Inc. proudly announces a major benefit program for all interested USA Dance members and affiliates.…more »
News from the Social Dance division of USA Dance! We will post news and annoucements here that are "social dance" oriented. If you would like to submit an article for posting please contact us!
Would You Like to Dance?
There's no space for wallflowers when a lively merengue or salsa is reverberating on the dance floor. Ballroom dancing is filled with exercise and surprises. It involves athleticism and grace. You will increase your skills and learn how to be graceful on the dance floor.
WHY DANCE? Ballroom dancing is a great teacher.
- it teaches teamwork;
- it teaches discipline through practice and routines;
- it teaches understanding of music's rhythm and tempo;
- it teaches coordinated movement;
- it teaches poise, balance, and self-confidence;
- it teaches good dress and manners;
- it teaches a skill and ability that will be very useful throughout life.
To find a local USA Dance Chapter
Just look in the left hand corner for the menu. Where is says, “Chapters & Regions”, click on that and then look for “Find a Local Chapter”. Pick the state and city or city closest to your destination. It will direct you to either a website or a local chapter contact.There are also special events listed on the social dance calendar page of our website - check back often.
Membership Pins, Decals, 3 or 7"Iron On Embroidered Patch, Shoe Bag, Shoulder Bag, Jacket, Fans, License Plate Frame, Chapter Banners
Great way to identify your chapter events - an affordable 6' x 2.5' vinyl banner that can be personalized with your chapters name, number and logo - excellent for dances, public demos and other events.
Visit our on line store to see all of the items available. For more information, email Jean Krupa, Vice President Social Dance at email@example.com or contact central office for an order form at 800-447-9047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Your Calendar!
National Chapter Conference
Due to scheduling conflicts, there will be no National Chapter Conference held in 2015. Instead there will be several mini-conferences held around the country. Watch for details.on the social dance events calendar.
March 3 - 6, 2016, Charlotte NC
Hand in Hand - Together We Can!
Topics to be covered at the conference include: Grooming your next President, Motivating, Recruiting and Retaining Volunteers, Dancing Classrooms, Websites, Budgets, Finances and Treasurer reports, Marketing and PR and more to provide guidance to have an even more effective chapter.
The conference provides many pportunities to network, mingle and share ideas and learn from other chapter Presidents and members in attendance. Chapters! Invest in your President and Board Members by sending them to the National chapter conference. Watch for details to follow.
National Ballroom Dance Week In September Every Year
A great opportunity for all who love ballroom dancing to share that fun with your community. Chapters, studios, instructors, and independent dance clubs work together to schedule special lessons, workshops, public demonstrations and social dances to raise awareness about the physical, mental and social benefits of ballroom. Be part of the action. Visit the National Ballroom Dance Week page on our website under Social Dance for details on how you can get involved.
Until the next update – I hope you dance
Jean Krupa Vice President - Social Dance
Articles appealing to the social dancer.…more »