- DanceSport Council
- Professional Council
|National Ballroom Dance Week (NBDW) 2019 September 20-29, 2019|
2019 National Ballroom Dance Week
September 20-29, 2019
USA Dance, Inc. serves Chapters nationwide by putting forward the opportunity to participate in a unified effort to engage dancers of all levels, ages and abilities in exciting public Salsa FlashMob demonstrations during National Ballroom Dance Week 2019.
Chapters may choose to participate in the 2019 National Ballroom Dance Week FlashMob Contest.
USA Dance has:
· Selected the music and dance style
· Created the choreography
· Provided several training videos and a memorization instructional guide
· Provided the FlashMob Contest rules
Thank you for participating with your nationwide group of friends, the membership of USA Dance, Inc!
Video Playlist - Click Here
Purchase Music Online - Click Here
Memorization Guide - Click Here
To be eligible for the 2018 National Ballroom Dance Week Contest, Flash Mob groups:
· Must be identified as being associated with a USA Dance Chapter
· Must have the associated USA Dance Chapter provide participant names
· Must consist USA Dance Members or friends of the associated USA Dance Chapter
· Must have each participant sign the following release that will provided by the associated USA Dance Chapter:
o Dance is a physical activity, and like all physical activities, carries some degree of risk.
o USA Dance cannot be held liable for injuries sustained by persons attending this event, it being hereby stated that persons attending the event do so at their own risk. USA Dance is not responsible for loss, damage or theft of articles from the event facilities. Persons not conforming to acceptable standards of behavior may, at the sole discretion of the chapter, be asked to leave the event venue premises. I understand and agree to these conditions for participation.
o On occasion, our Chapter will photograph and video our activities. Photos and video of our members and guests may appear in print, email or on chapter internet pages and websites as well as those of the national organization. Your attendance at our events is greatly welcomed and constitutes your unconditional permission for USA Dance to take/use/publish photos and video in which you may be present. USA Dance is not responsible for photos/video taken by other persons at its activities.
· Must provide video of at least one complete public performance of the Flash Mob
· Must provide two or more high definition photos of the performances including one group photo (American Dancer publication quality)
· Must use the song and version of the song that has been selected by USA Dance, Inc.
· Must not change the choreography from that provided by USA Dance, Inc. except for the introduction as stated in the FlashMob introductory video.
· Must be active on the USA Dance NBDW Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/140089106573769/
Honorable mention will be won by the Flash Mob group:
· That had the most individuals participating in all events
· That had the most children younger than 18 involved
· That had made a significant effort to include dancers with disabilities
· That publicly performed the Flash Mob the most number of times in the community
· That had the most engagement with the community, e.g. the group that got the mayor of the city involved, or the newspapers or other media involved
All information must be submitted by 31 October 2019.
The overall winner will be selected from the groups receiving honorable mention as selected by the USA Dance Professional Council, DanceSport Council and the Social Dance Council.
The winning Flash Mob group will receive an award plaque, an article in American Dancer and be offered the opportunity to participate in 2020 Flash Mob planning.