wrote on the Chapter: Central Oklahoma, OK - #5056
wall: Central OK chapter wins USA Dance National Ballroom Dance Week flash mob contest for 2019. Members, thank you for your hard work and dedication on this repeat!
Posted Tuesday, January 14, 2020
|Related Group News|
Volunteer of the Year 2019
Posted in National, Thursday, June 6, 2019
USA Dance 2018 Volunteer of the Year is awarded to Ravi Narayan. Ravi, a member of Chapter 4007, Honolulu HI.
Accepting the award on ... more »
WE'RE A CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION WITH A DANCE FOCUS
Welcome to our chapter website! USA Dance is dedicated to helping build ballroom dancing opportunities in every community nationwide!
We are a non-profit organization. USA Dance Chapters reach out to the community to promote dancing in a variety of ways including social dances with a group lesson prior to the dance taught by local teachers, public demonstrations, serving as an information resource about ballroom and more.
Wayne Crowder Workshops and Party
World renowned coach and adjudicator and organizer of OKC Dreamcatcher Dance Sport
Saturday, Feb 22, 4-6 pm - Improve your social dance skills with Waltz and East Coast Swing ($35 for members, $50 for non-members; if you want to do only one dance $25/$35)
Sunday, Feb 23, 2020, 1-2:30 pm - Competition rounds and performance tips with Wayne Crowder; open to all competitors, pro/am, pro and amateur couples ($15 for members, $20 for non-members)
Sunday, Feb 22, 2020, 2:30-4 pm - Improve your competition skills with Wayne Crowder: Standard Waltz ($35 for members, $50 for non-members)
Pros/dance teachers welcome to attend and are no charge for all events
Contact Pamela Hamilton at email@example.com for questions or details
Dreamcatcher Dancesport, Oklahoma City, OK - USA Dance National Qualifying Event, July 24-25, 2020
Half-time Flash Mob Performance at OKC Blue Basketball Game - Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019, 7:00 pm, Cox Convention Center; purchase tickets ($12) at https://groupmatics.events/event/usadance
- Click here for previous special events
CONTENT - Scroll down for:
- INFORMATION RESOURCES
- COMMUNITY SERVICE - WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
- PERFORMANCE TEAM / FLASH MOB GROUP
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
About our Chapter
- For the 2018-2019 school year the chapter is sponsoring a K-12 program at Boys and Girls Club Memorial Clark. The class meets Wednesday, 5:00-6:00 pm. David Wood with Dance Makers is instructing the class with assistance from chapter volunteers.
- Beginning January 2018 Chapter Social Dances will be held at Oklahoma City University, Great Hall in the University Center. A 30 minute lesson is offered 6:30-7:00 pm, followed by the dance 7:00-9:30 pm.
- For the 2016-2017 school year the chapter sponsored a K-12 program at Harding Fine Arts Academy and an Adult competitive couple, Anna & Chris, representing our Chapter.
- We're looking to build our membership and provide social dances for the opportunity to interact and dance with each other, but building membership will help to lay the foundation to financially support youth and young adult dancers in the central Oklahoma area. Look for more information concerning our new venue and membership drive!
- We need your support: become a USA Dance member, attend social dances and special events, DONATE or any combination of the three. We need YOUr participation!
**** We appreciate your support!****
Our community service mission is to support youth and collegiate ballroom dancing. Funds will benefit their competitive efforts.
- Live and model the many benefits of ballroom dance — active life style, socialization, balance, mobilization
- Offer Monthly Social dances with FREE dance lessons, increasing the quantity and quality of ballroom dance in our community
- Promote and support ballroom dance in young people — school programs, clubs & developing DanceSport athletes; many other projects will be funded as we grow and mature
- Some members will compete to improve their proficiency
- Supporting Olympic Ideals — a philosophy of life which places sport at the service of humanity through actions which link sport to culture and education, and is expressed on the field of play or in life y the tree Olympic values: Excellence, Friendship and Respect
- Support USA Dance athletes representing the USA worldwide —scholarships and other funding will be given as funds allow
PERFORMANCE TEAM / FLASH MOB GROUP
There was such an outpouring of enthusiasm from the 2018 Flash Mob participants, that Candi Boone, one of our local instructors that helped with the flash mob, reached out to USA Dance about a performance group for 2019. The group has been formed and meets every Sunday, from 2:00-4:00 pm at iDance (with the exception of some holidays). The group will practice March 10 - October 6th. For more information click to see the document.
Some chapters organize dance competitions or host a combination of social dances, workshops and competitions. The general public is invited to attend all these events. Contact us to find out more about events we may have scheduled.
USA Dance also has a national magazine, named American Dancer, which we encourage you to check out at the right. This magazine, along with discounts to all of our local and other chapter events nationwide, is available with your USA Dance membership. We encourage you to 'get dancing' and join USA Dance!