Candidate for President
Dear Voting Members:
After 18 years of service and closing 2016 as your President, I have been diligently observing the changes implemented since 2017. Upon reviewing the effects of those changes on our dance community,
with several chapter officials and professional members, they have convinced me that I am the only person that can really lead us from our current direction. Therefore, I am pleased to stand for election as President
and help our organization again.
I have the institutional knowledge, education, and time to be instrumental in correcting the missteps of the past few years to build a new USA Dance. I know what is needed to energize a team
of volunteers and market our assets…to put the “PR” back in PResident. To be clear, I do not mean, return to the old USA Dance – but to make the organization what it should be now, to viably meet today’s needs
of our Social-Dance and Athlete Members.
Here is cursory list of the items I plan to address, as we reach for a renewed direction:
- Restore and value the insight of our Past Presidents
- Embrace open communication with members, and move away from excessive confidentiality, executive sessions, and cleansed minutes.
- Encourage a culture where relationships with long-standing-dedicated-volunteers, that were passed over for political reasons, will want to return.In particular, we must reconnect with the 5 elected persons that resigned in 2017 stating their unwillingness to serve under the current administration.
- Implement full disclosure of the persons serving on Committees and Councils with a description of their work and cataloging of their reports to the Board.
- Realign the workings of the 2 Dance Councils
- Re-implement the Education Dept that was removed.
- Remove the financial benefit of Officers competing for jobs with the Members they serve by implementing the USOC recommend language:
“Directors are disqualified from receiving compensation for services rendered
to or for the benefit of USA Dance in any other capacity”
- Make it easier for the members to follow-the-money, meaning budgets and departmental business plans will become transparent, just as it is practiced by the WDSF.
- Now for a personal $ commitment. I will donate-back, my President’s travel expenses until we have brought back the current all-time low membership to at least 8,000 – and I will encourage the other Board Members to do the same.
Since this statement is limited to 500 words – I ask that you visit my webpage to hear more about the plans for: Chapter structure/incentives, social dance programs, the magazine, Collegiate, K-12 and our Social Media presence. Plus,
learn more about my team of advisors and my support of a former Social Dance-VP that has a vision I share and support to reinvigorate the social dance programs.
Read my complete vision, ask your questions, and volunteer to be part of the new USA Dance by visiting my web page at https://blueballroom.net/dance-election-2020
Thank you for considering me as your next President.
Click here for Resume