USA Dance Los Angeles County Chapter 4031 is a local chapter of USA Dance, Inc., a national and non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization dedicated to increasing the quality and quantity of ballroom dance in the United States. USA Dance not only promotes the benefits of ballroom dance, but it provides affordable opportunities to participate for people of all ages and abilities.
USA Dance is also the National Governing Body for DanceSport, the competitive form of ballroom dance. It organizes and regulates regional competitions for DanceSport athletes. A key part of USA Dance's mission is to foster the inclusion of DanceSport into the Olympic Games.
We of USA Dance Los Angeles County share the mission of our National organization, working tirelessly in the local community to create awareness of the many benefits of ballroom dance and to encourage everyone to participate, either on a social or competitive level.
Here are just a few of the ways in which we do this:
- Organize regular social dances which are open to the community at large.
- Put members of the local community in contact with professional instructors and dance studios.
- Assist local instructors and studios in promoting their services and dances.
- Produce periodic dance Showcases, providing dancers with the opportunity to elevate their dance skills and perform for a live audience.
- Sponsor a K-12 Program, teaching ballroom dance to local youths at primarily Title I schools.
- Organize a Senior Outreach effort, bringing the joy of ballroom to elderly citizens at assisted living centers throughout Los Angeles.
For more information on USA Dance, Inc., please visit www.USADance.org